[Zope] RE: [Zope] Dear Listowner... (wa s: [±¤°í]Á¶È­À¯¿µ¾î ¿ ¥ÇǾ²¸®Ç÷¹ÀÌ¾î ¹«· áÀ̺¥Æ®!!!)

Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:46:40 -0800

The MLM, and associated SPAM filtering, is not buggy, but its not perfect
either.  I have noticed that the amount of SPAM on this list has been
decreasing over the last little while, and frankly, I don't think that every
item can be zapped, though I expect things will get better over time.

The reason SPAM is annoying is the same reason pop-up ads are annoying -
they require you to do something in response like close a window or click
delete.

On a similar note, a request I might have: I use Outlook (not by choice, its
our corporate MUA), and every message that I receive from you to the list is
posted with a follow-up flag, which I have to subsequently clear with two
mouse clicks.  I hope I don't cause offense with my request that you might
look into having your MUA disable this from its mail headers?

Thanks,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin S. Socha [mailto:robin-dated-1015771984.017dee@socha.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 7:28 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Dear Listowner... (was: [±¤°í]Á¶È­À¯¿µ¾î
¿¥ÇǾ²¸®Ç÷¹ÀÌ¾î ¹«·áÀ̺¥Æ®!!!)

In the light of the amount of SPAM I'm seeing from the Zope lists, I
wonder if you've ever tought about, like, doing something about it?
Like the magic -x switch to *hint* *hint* ezmlm-make and its good ole
mimeremove facility. The Mailman FAQ specifically mentions stripmime and
demime. Running reverse DNS lookups on the senders would be kinda kinky,
too. And... whatever... :-/

So, dear Listowner, could you PLEASE TURN THIS CRAP OFF?  That'd be much
appreciated, really.

Do I sound bitter? That's  because I just found out that this month
alone, I've received 1335 pieces of SPAM. And somehow I feel that I
don't need dysfunctionally configured MLMs to add to that.

And while you're at it, could you please consider fixing the banner:

,----
| 1 _______________________________________________
| 2 Zope maillist  -  Zope@zope.org
| 4 **   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
| 5 (Related lists -
| 6  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
`----

1: Not needed.
2. Sure, stick it in the subject AND the banner. How about some
   audio, too?
3. Needed?
4. Meaningless. This is an MLM option - use it.
5-7 Superfluous

Let's try this again:

,----
| --
| Zope@zope.org archives: http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/
| Other Zope lists:       http://lists.zope.org/
| Further reading:        http://www.zope.org/Documentation
`----

Look, Ma, it's only got 3 lines, but more info! *mumblemumble* ;-)