[Zope] ZPT: how to access property sheet of custom ZClass

David Hart dhart@atlantisblue.com.au
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:48:34 +1100

Hi!

I'm implementing a simple db, using the same methods in the JobBoard
example. I looked at Kube, but I'd like something a bit more generic.

I'm trying to make add/edit forms and display pages as simple as
possible. Rather than have custom versions of all of these, each with
copies of the same property names, I'd like to pull the
property/attribute names from the property sheet of the ZClass in the
Product I added.

Something like:

python:root.Control_Panel.Products.CEdb.cedb_record.propertysheets.common.record_default_properties.attrs()">

The above example is probably very wrong for many reasons-- it shows my
lack of experience with TAL, python and Zope innards in general --  but
I think it conveys what I'm trying to do. I'm not sure if I can use
"python:object.attrs()", or even if the objects under Control Panel are
accessible to ZPT as the above example produces a guarded_getattr error.

Also, is there a more generic or elegant way to refer to the
record_default_properties object?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Dave