[Zope] Apache ProxyPass + Zope == bad?

Zachery Bir zbir@urbanape.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:09:18 -0500

Just a word. Don't know if it's been brought up before, but
mod_proxy, using the details on zope.org ( even though outdated )
like this:

NameVirtualHost 192.192.123.234

<VirtualHost 192.192.123.234>
ServerName www.fightclub.org
ServerAdmin tyler@fightclub.org

ProxyPass / http://zserver.xyz.com:9180/fightclub/
ProxyPassReverse / http://zserver.xyz.com:9180/fightclub/
ProxyPass /misc_ http://zserver.xyz.com:9180/misc_
ProxyPass /p_ http://zserver.xyz.com:9180/p_

</VirtualHost>

Will open up your server to be a Proxy server on the net.

I've found that this isn't the case with mod_rewrite and
VirtualHostMonster.

Searching for "ProxyPass" on zope.org brings up a lot of documents,
some that are fairly new.

Is this a known thing? First we found out was by looking at the log
files of one of our servers and found tons of 'GET
http://some.other.domain.com/path/to/porn HTTP/1.0' lines...

Now that we cleared it up with mod_rewrite, I'm wondering what the
porn surfers are thinking when the hit this site all the time now :)

Zac