[Zope] Apache ProxyPass + Zope == bad?

Zachery Bir zbir@urbanape.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:06:13 -0500

On Friday, March 8, 2002, at 12:01 , Richard Barrett wrote:

> No it doesn't.
>
> You must turn ProxyRequests on for your server to become a a
> general-purpose-all-of-the-internet proxy server.
>
> For ProxyPass to work you do not have to turn ProxyRequest on.
> Indeed in most cases when front-ending Zope with Apache you do not
> want to do that. And that instructions didn't say to do that.
>
> As a generalisation, using mod_proxy is probably less resource
> demanding that using mod_rewrite and an entirely sensible choice
> in many cases.

D'oh! Of course, you're right. Whoever set it up in our instance
included the ProxyRequests On ( presumably they just uncommented
the whole default section and modified for Zope - I've checked some
other default httpd.conf files, and the ProxyRequests On is present
and commented out )

Sorry 'bout the disinformation.

Zac