[Zope] What causes the community to stall so often?

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:22:35 -0500 (EST)

Is it just me, or is "boyish public pissing contents among system
adminstrators over rpm vs. no rpm, vi vs. emacs, linux vs. bsd, etc." one
possible answer to the question posed by the subject?

It's easy, everyone: some of us like RPMs and want to use them.
Some of us don't.

If you like them, you're probably frustrated that there aren't always
modern RPMs for Zope. If you don't like them, you probably don't care.

In any event, I think a number of people have suggested that, yes, they'd
really like RPMs. Trying to impress us about how many mainframes you've
run without using RPMs isn't an answer to their problem. ;-)

So, someone has a SRPM for Zope 2.5.0. Who can turn this into good RPMs
for common Linux distros?

Cheers!

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant