[Zope] Re: What causes the community to stall so often?

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:08:25 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Chris Withers wrote:

> Chris McDonough wrote:
> >
> > opinion.  It would of couse be better to have free docs, but in lieu of
> > those, commercial publishers and authors fill the vacuum quite nicely.
>
> ..except that they're all hideously out of date, still teaching ZClasses, DTML &
> the like.

I'll bite: are ZClasses officially among the fallen now? Even though I can
write Python products, I still find ZClasses useful for knocking out quick
"news item", "calendar item", etc. kind of objects.

And DTML is hardly out-of-date, either. Still needed to general
ZSQLMethods and for non-HTML-like output.

(BTW, the 2.5 version of Zope book talks about ZPT; the Developer book
talks about Unit Testing.)

Would be nice to have a book really get into CMF, rather than just the
one-chapter handwave.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant