[Zope] Pay or DIO (Re: Quality vs. Quantity )

iap@y2fun.com iap@y2fun.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:02:58 +0800

Yes, I agree that documentation is important both for newbie and knownbie!

I can accept that this kind of service is a fee-based service or
donation-based service.
Suppose it's $5 monthly for subscribing.
If there are 100 subscriber, Dieter got $500 monthly.
That could be enough for him to get drunken everyday
after answered chunks of trivial questions (for him). :-)

Of course the side effect is that maybe people will start to
expect Dieter to answer all of the questions. It's against the spirit
of "mutual help" of Open Source. The opposite side is that peole
could also too much rely on the others and didn't try to help themselves.
Paradox isn't it?

I remembered the time when I keeping asking trivial questions
and thanks for many kindly knownbies responsed to me.
But I don't think all the questions from newbie should
be (can be) answered very precisely .
It could be nice if someone (paid or volunteer) can
help to do the "documentation" from this list.
It could also be nice if someone got the answer from
this maillist can contribute to this community again
by posting the revised question-answer pair under his/her context.

Anyway, I can accept
the principle "Pay or Do It Ourselves"

Iap, Singuan