[Zope] Management interface for Extensions/Import folder

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:05:15 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Juergen R. Plasser / Hexagon wrote:

> I don't know if this was ever discussed on this list but I would like to
> have a management interface for the Extensions and the import folder in a
> future version of Zope (maybe 2.6?). Are there any reasons why this has not
> been implemented yet? It would make Zope completely manageable through the
> web interface.

Python Extensions can execute without *any* security checks (unlike
Zope's PythonScripts). Being able to edit them through-the-web would be
more risky, as a mistake in your Zope permissions would let someone
execute arbitrary code not just in Zope-land, but on your actual computer.

I'd think about this before implementing anything.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant