[Zope] ftp and virtual hosting question

Jiann-Ming Su jsu2@emory.edu
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:21:31 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Richard Barrett wrote:

> The problem is that I do not think that Apache can handle converting
> between the protocols in this way, dealing with the different reponses
> involved etc. In a brief experiment with my Apache (version 1.3.14) the
> Apache child process crashes when I just try rewriting an incoming HTTP URL
> to an outgoing FTP URL with a RewriteRule; you may have a better experience
> if you try it.

Actually, I wasn't expecting Apache to proxy ftp requests.  I didn't know
if there was a way for a Zope user to ftp into his "home" directory.

That is, if I have an acl_uers/ folder in /VirtualHost/Host1, how do I
get a defined user for Host1 to ftp directly into /VirtualHost/Host1?

Right now, I have to authenticate through the acl_users/ in the root folder,
which gives me access to a bunch of other folders as well.

--
Jiann-Ming Su  jsu2@emory.edu  404-712-2603
Development Team Systems Administrator