Zope 2.5.0 RPMS was Re: [Zope] What causes the community to stall so often?

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:45:17 -0500

Initial requirements for a Zope RPM need to be nailed down.

So far, IMHO:

Zope >= 2.5.0 requires python2.1 >= 2.1.2 enforced by RPM (reduce
zope@zope.org list traffic :-)

Minimum of Zope data area broken out of main directory heirachy to a
/var/zope INSTANCE_HOME.

standard chkconfig stuff, zope user creation, etc.

Undecided:

PCGI?
Put zope-PCGI in a separate spec / source package? An additional (optional
to build and install) package?
Narrowing the scope to only support zope w/zserver in the main package
initially = earlier initial release.

Ron, does your 2.5.0 package already take care of cleanly building PCGI??

Adam

PS <thread should continue on Zope-Packagers list, this being the first and
last cross post :-)>