[Zope] Slow mgmt-screens due to Page Templates

Petter Enholm Petter Enholm" <pe@snapper.no
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:16:14 +0100

Thank you for your answer.

But if am not wrong, this cooking should only happen once, when the
management screens are loaded the first time!? This happens for every user
that goes to the management screens, even if other users have just visited
the pages.

We have done some progress from when I sent the mail earlier today. We have
a StandardLookAndFeel with three macros. The main macro which defines the
framwork, and two macros that do small operations on a given object. When we
remove these macros the loading speed is faster. These macros assume a
tal:repeat that is defined outside this macro, but which will work correctly
when executing the page template. Is this not the correct way to do it?

Extremely simplified pseudo code below:

StandardLookAndFeel

Other page template file called index_displaySomething_html

 tal code for using macro displaySomeThing defined in StandardLookAndFeel