[Zope] Slow mgmt-screens due to Page Templates

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:40:24 +0100

Petter Enholm writes:
 > I am using page templates which we find to be an
 > excellent way of building pages. However, having about 10 different page
 > templates and one master  (StandardLookAndFeel.html :-)  ) really slows down
 > the opening of the management screens.
My "ZPT - delay cooking" patch may help you:

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

Be aware, though, that I recently upgraded it for ZPT as it comes
with Zope 2.5. The older patch for Zope 2.4.x was no longer
compatible with Zope 2.5. Therefore, the current patch may
not work with Zope 2.5...

 > The actual site (aside from the management screens) is fast and running OK.
 > So it does not affect the actual performance of the different page
 > templates. Have tested this to be a problem both under 2.4.3 and 2.5.1b1.
 >
 > Does anybody else have this problem ?
Sure: reported to the ZPT mailing list about 1/2 year ago...

 > I am also troubled with Zope restarting every now and then. I am running
 > 2.4.3 and Python 2.1.2. Have seen that the 2.4.3 is unstable, so I am
 > planning an upgrade.
Good!

Dieter