[Zope] Zope slooooowww

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:56:54 -0500

On Friday, March 15, 2002, at 04:46 AM, seb bacon wrote:

> Ron Arts wrote:
>> OK, I re-installed. Zope-2.5.1b1, CMF (latest from CVS), Plone
>> (0.9.9PR5)
>> I first installed everything before starting zope.
>
> <snip failures>
>
> I haven't installed plone so I can't help there.  I'd be interested in
> the statistics for a Zope without the CMF for comparison.  The other
> thing you could do, which might help verify that it's ZPT degrading the
> performance, is to go to the skins tool, and make a non-zpt skin by (1)
> deleting zpt_generic, zpt_control, and zpt_content from the 'contents',
> and (2) going to 'properties' and replacing references to 'zpt_content'
> with 'content', etc.
>
> seb

Yes, please remove any unnecessary skins; if you feel up to it, collapse
all your skins into a single directory.  It causes a lot of extra
overhead to go look up attributes (objects) in skin directories.  On a
faster machine it isn't as much an issue; but on a slower machine you
spend a vast amount of time in getattr() lookups.