[Zope] Zope slooooowww

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:42:58 -0500

On 14 Mar 2002 at 21:44, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Ron Arts writes:
>  > I installed Zope 2.5.1b2 + CMF1.2 + Plone 0.9.9PR5

This sounds familiar.

I'm running about 8 Zope's on a PIII-750, 512Meg ram SCSI160 Dell box. They're all
great, lightly used..

Last week I setup an instance (Zope 2.5.0) with CMF 1.2 and Plone 0.9.9.PR5 AND
LDAPUserFolder and CMFLDap

I notice that startup seems a little longer than the others, about 10 seconds.

However as soon as I make my first client access inside the CMF, CPU Utilization on
the machine jumps to 100% for about 20 seconds.

Then it's back to normal. This happens only during the first access after a
startup/restart. But it happens every time.

I don't know if it's CMF, Plone, LDAPUserFolder or whatnot. I haven't had much time to
investigate.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements