[Zope] Zope+ZPT+CMF+Plone=slooooowww

Chris Cothrun chris@cothrun.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:40:28 -0800

On 14 Mar 2002 at 17:24, seb bacon wrote:
> So that seems pretty clear:  Zope is running your processor into the
> ground :(

<snipage>

FWIW, I tried Plone on my poor old Debian unstable box. Its a P200, 64MB, lots of other stuff
running, hdparm not optimized**, Debian Zope package (2.5.0) & CMF (1.2), latest Plone.

Time to restart Zope: ~50 seconds
Time to first management screen: ~4 minutes
Time to first Plone screen: ~30 seconds

Most everything is reasonably quick after that, although I didn't check too much out.

HTH!

Chris

** supposed to be getting a PPro200 box that supports more memory, I'm gonna spend more time
getting that one set up correctly.