[Zope] Installing ZMySQLDA on Windows

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:27:01 +0100

  Hi all!

  I want to have access to some MySQL databases from Zope, so I've tried
to install ZMySQLDa, but it's just been impossible!
  First I have tried to follow the instructions in
http://www.zope.org/Members/philh/mysql which are very easy, but some
files mentioned in the how-to aren't there, so I've had to get them from
somewhere else. After doing the installation, I got an error. Anyway,
the how-to is about ZMySQLDA 1.1.3, which I think is quite old.
  Then I've tried to follow the instructions in
http://www.zope.org/Members/alanpog/zmysqlda_steps , which are for Unix,
but anyway it says you have to install MySQLdb, which is not there. I
found it somewhere else in a windows binary distribution, but I couldn't
finish the installation.
  So, please, has anyone got some easy instructions to install ZMySQLDA
on Windows, and all the necessary files, and these in binary
distribution, without having to compile them? I'm desperate!

  Thanks in advance,

						Igor Leturia