[Zope] Suggestions for improving http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO

Bruce Richardson itsbruce@uklinux.net
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:48:21 +0000

--Yylu36WmvOXNoKYn

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 03:27:59PM +0100, Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:
> > Is there _any_ need to have Zope started as root?=20
> > I never did this and hadn't problems with this approach yet. Even the
> > Zope tree is only readable for Zope on my systems (after one initial
> > start to get the pyc-files).
> >=20
> Yes, to bind it to port 80

Why not have Apache listening on port 80 and redirecting to Zope?  A
little hassle but worth it to avoid such a security problem.

--=20
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill

--Yylu36WmvOXNoKYn

--Yylu36WmvOXNoKYn--