[Zope] Where is Oracle ZODB storage ? Large file support in NT 4 ?

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:23:10 +0000

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:08:04 GMT, Bruce Richardson
<itsbruce@uklinux.net> wrote:

> you might want to access data stored in ZODB objects from programs=20
>which have no practical interface to Zope.

there's no such thing ;-)

>  Or you might simply want all=20
>your textual data in one place where you can categorise and organise=20
>them.

But BerkeleyStorage and DCOracle storage dont store textual data in
the database. Like all ZODB storages they store *pickled* *objects*

If you want to store text in your SQL database then you need a
database adapter, not a storage.

>The applications I intend to develop with Zope have to work in an=20
>environment where most programming is done in VB (ugh) and data stored =
in=20
>MSSQL Server. If I wanted to use a Zwiki, I would want the text stored =
in=20
>the MSQL datastore.

Can they make http requests to zope? xmlrpc or soap requests?

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com