[Zope] System performance threads/proccesses & random crashes (SIGPIPE)

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:17:59 -0500

Doyon, Jean-Francois wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm running into random crashes of my zope processes, but I'm not finding
>any reference anywhere in the mailing list archives or on the site about
>this specific one:
>
>I'm getting:
>
>2002-03-21T14:48:52 ERROR(200) zdaemon zdaemon: Thu Mar 21 09:48:52 2002:
>Aiieee! 20070 exited with error code: 13
>
>Every now and then, for now apparent reason.  signal 13 is a SIGPIPE ...
>
>This is Zope 2.5.0 with CMF 1.2 on a severly upgraded/updated/patched RH6.2
>... with a Python 2.1.2 built with defaults. It runs with FastCGI to Apache
>1.3.2x ...

The SIGPIPE is probably happening when Apache kills a server process and
restarts it.  Apache version 1 limits the lifetime of its server
processes to a finite number of requests.  When it closes it, it kills
the child, which kills the FastCGI pipe to Zope.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/