[Zope] In-browser WYSIWYG editor?

Emanuel Borsboom em@nuel.ca
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:35:12 -0800

Pardon me if this has been addressed before, but I'm looking a way
provide content editors with an easy-to-use simple WYSIWYG editor that
edits structured text (simple HTML would be okay too) on the site.

Basically they should be able highlight text and emphasize or bold it,
specify the heading level of a paragraph, create bulletted or numbered
lists, and insert images and links.  What they have done should be
immediately reflected in what they see on the screen, like they're
using a word processor.

This would obviously require some client-side code, such as a Java
applet.

Is there any such product available for Zope?  I've looked on the web
site, and the closest I've found is SmartSections, which really
doesn't do what I need.

If not, I'll probably write something myself using a Java applet.

--
Emanuel Borsboom
http://www.nuel.ca/