[Zope] Re and answer: Displaying users in acl_users caused error

Andreas Rippel arippel@informatik.uni-kl.de
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:18:52 +0100

I was reporting the following:

we are managing users in the acl_users folder mostly via python.
Our applications works, but when we click on individual users within the acl_users folder,
we get the following error message:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: domains

  File .../lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 160, in eval
    (Object: user.domains)
    (Info: user)
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
AttributeError: (see above)

Answer:

Within our folders we had one named user, which obivously was resolved within
the acquisition procedure. After renaming that folder to uppercase, everything works.
So never name on object within your zope application user,
it might cause unpredictable effects.

\Andreas