[Zope] RE: Zope in a web based learning environment? (Marcio Marchini)

Brian Sullivan briansullivan@coursesbywire.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:35:49 -0500

> From: "Marcio Marchini" <mqm@magma.ca>
> To: <zope@zope.org>
> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:26:22 -0500
> Subject: [Zope] Zope in a web based learning environment?
>
> Hi,
>
> 	I was wondering if anybody out there is using Zope in a
> web based learning
> environment ? Would you care to share your experiences/opinions ?
>
> 	It could be courses online, free or not, anything SCORM related
> (http://www.adlnet.org/) etc.
>
> 	thanks !
>
> marcio

We have a ( somewhat crude but functional ) demo of a Zope based
Learning Management system at http://www.coursesbywire.com/Demos.html.

It uses the AICC standard for student tracking ( I haven't had the time
to do any Scorm based tracking but it is on my list). AICC has some
wiggle room in specs and different authoring tools interpret the
standard somewhat differently and I have only used our Toolbook
generated material -- I am sure though that it could be made to work
with any AICC compliant lessons.