[Zope] HomeSite 5 and Zope

hpinson@indepthl.com hpinson@indepthl.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:55:57 -0700

There is a howto at: http://www.zope.org/Members/cybertad/how_to/homesite

Basically, go the Allaire (Macromedia) FTP & RDS, right click on the world icon
and add an FTP server ip or domain name, which is your Zope.  Here you would
add the ftp port (8021 by default; see you z2.py) user name and password (that
you have created as a Zope acl_user account.

The limit, which I have never seen a solution to, is how to get HomeSite to see
zope objects with no extensions.  Adding .htm to each zope object you want to edit
will do the trick for allowing edits, but there are some negative scripting
implications for doing that.  I'm looking forward to Macromedia fixing this someday
in Dreamweaver and Homesite.  No idea if they will.  It does not seem to be a
priority for them.

Have you tried UltraEdit or the newest version of Textpad.  I have yet to see if
these programs have the above limitations.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson@indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com