[Zope] Catalog Awareness

Geoff Armstrong geofstro@monaco.mc
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:04:19 +0100

Hi,

I have a need to modify a Zope product so that at least one of it's
classes becomes catalog aware.

All the documentation I can find on catalog awareness refers to
building ZClasses and giving them this feature; but the product I
need to modify is built with external python code that resides in the
"Products" directory. I understand though that it is possible for a
product to be built which is a hybrid of Python code and ZClasses. So
perhaps it is possible?

Right now I'm having to use a workaround that changes the properties
of a dtml document each time I need to catalog a new item of the
product class concerned. I then re-catalog the same dtml document
with the new properties; but this is taking to much of a toll on
performance.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks

geoff