[Zope] HomeSite 5 and Zope

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:00:05 -0500

Where are you seeing this problem? If you mean you can't "see" the files
themselves, then just right-click in the contents pane and select VIEW (I
think) and select ALL FILES...it defaults to only showing Web Documents.
Been using HS for years and with Zope for about 2 years and it ROCKS! And
now version 5 allows search and replace on FTP files and
folders...Fantastic!

I have also added .dtml as an extension within the settings but don't think
that was necessary. I have my own Zope toolbars so I can single-click all my
favorite functions just a click away.

I would be glad to offer any help in using HS for working with Zope. ALMOST
completely eliminates the use of the ZMI for working with Zope.

Have fun!

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: hpinson@indepthl.com [mailto:hpinson@indepthl.com]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 7:56 PM
To: jchen@nautilus.org
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] HomeSite 5 and Zope

There is a howto at: http://www.zope.org/Members/cybertad/how_to/homesite

Basically, go the Allaire (Macromedia) FTP & RDS, right click on the world
icon
and add an FTP server ip or domain name, which is your Zope.  Here you would

add the ftp port (8021 by default; see you z2.py) user name and password
(that
you have created as a Zope acl_user account.

The limit, which I have never seen a solution to, is how to get HomeSite to
see
zope objects with no extensions.  Adding .htm to each zope object you want
to edit
will do the trick for allowing edits, but there are some negative scripting
implications for doing that.  I'm looking forward to Macromedia fixing this
someday
in Dreamweaver and Homesite.  No idea if they will.  It does not seem to be
priority for them.

Have you tried UltraEdit or the newest version of Textpad.  I have yet to
see if
these programs have the above limitations.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson@indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com