[Zope] Adding ZClass instances using a Python script.

Luca Manini manini@flashnet.it
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:34:34 +0100

Hi,

the question is very simple, could be a FAQ but does not seems to be a
Frequently ANSWERED Question, so here it goes:

1) I have a Product called PhoneBookProduct (done via ZMI),

2) I have a ZClass in it, called Person,

3) the Person class has two properties name and phone, defined in a
   property sheet named basic,

4) I have a view for those properties.

5) I have a test Folder to test my Product.

So far so good, I can add Person instances (Id asked) and then I can
edit the properties; all this with the standard magically created
stuff.

Now I want to do my own interface, so I create the obvious index_html:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>

    <th>id
    <th>name
    <th>phone

<dtml-in "objectValues('Person')">

</dtml-in>

<form method="post">
</form>

where "add" (the action of the add button) should be a Python Script
that creates a Person instance, edit the properties as of REQUEST, and
add the istance to some folder (lets say test, that contains both the
index_html and the add Python Script).

What are the magic lines to put into "add"?

	TIA, Luca