[Zope] Corrupt Data.fs

Sven Rudolph rudolph@medical-tribune.de
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:39:47 +0100

Hello!

I have a problem with a (probably) corrupt Data.fs. on our production
system. This is what happend:
Yesterday we accidently deleted a file called "Kopfschmerz1" (this means
headache1, how fitting). We undeleted it with undo, and everything was OK.
This night Data.fs was packed (0 Days) by a cron job.
Now some strange things happen.
If I use <dtml-in> on the (BTree-)Folder that contains "Kopfschmerz1" it
breaks with an "Attribute Error" at "Kopfschmerz1".("Kopfschmerz1" is an
instance of one of our products and should definitly have this attribute).
If I try to open "Kopfschmerz1" Zope tells me that it doesn't exist, but
it is shown in the list of the folder. If I try to delete "Kopfschmerz1"
Zope tells me that it doesn't exist. If I try to create a new object with
the name "Kopfschmerz1", Zope tells me that an object with this name
allready exists.

This is what I did wrong:
I used Zope-2.5.0 with Python-2.1.1
Ironically I started to set up a new server with Zope-2.5.1b1 and
Python-2.1.2 yesterday and was planning to switch to it today.

What can I do now?
Is there a way to get rid of the broken object? (I don't care if I lose
"Kopfschmerz1", as long as I can keep the other >10000 objects in the
database).
What are the possibilitys to repair a damaged Data.fs?
How can I find out if Data.fs is already damaged, even if no obvious errors occur?

Thanks in advance!

Sven Rudolph

--
Sven Rudolph, Programmierer