[Zope] ZSyncerMute not 2-way ?

Marcio Marchini mqm@magma.ca
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:19:32 -0500

Hi,

	I have 2 Zopes here:

		Zope 2.5 under Win2k, on port 8080 as per InstallShield
		Zope 2.4.x under Linux (192.168.3.200) behind Apache/PCGI as /Zope/...

	I installed ZSyncer and ZSyncerMute on both.

	I created a /Marcio on both

	I added a ZSyncerMute object on both, with Id syncer2w (syncer 2-way)

	I went to the Linux Zope and added a PHParser object to /Marcio

	I went to my Win2k Zope and forced a sync with
http://192.168.3.200/Zope/Marcio/syncer2w , said to sync /Marcio

	Instead of bringing the new PHP object to my Win2k Zope, it deleted the PHP
object from tho Linux Zope.

	So, my question is: how do I specify a 2-way sync ? I want that new objects
added to either ends be propagated to the other Zope, more like a peer-to-peer
fashion rather than a master/slave copy.

	If that is not possible with the current ZSyncerMute, I wonder how people can
use this in a 1-master & N-slave copies kind of environment, while updating the
same subtree on the server. I mean, if you have N developers with Zope syncing
their stuff say under /Zoo against a master Zope, how do you avoid stepping on
each-other's toes ?

	I don't want to have to split the subtrees, one for each person. I'd like to
sync a Twiki across multiple servers, where one is the central one. But at least
new ZWiki pages added from different PCs should be propagated to the central
server and then to the other PCs when they sync.

	This is basically like sync'ing your PalmPilot with your desktop. New entries
can be added on either end, and when sync'ed will propagate just fine.

	thanks !!

marcio