[Zope] Content Management Solution

Ganeshan, Rajkumar (IWMI-HQ) R.GANESHAN@CGIAR.ORG
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 05:54:19 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1D660.0EA19700

Dear Zope Users, Developers and Zope Support,

Let me introduce myself first. I am Raj, webmaster for International
Water Management Institute (IWMI) . We are in the process of automating
our workflow and document flow for our website and intranet. The
solution is a Content management server. We are an International Scientific
Research Organization ( Non Governmental Org ) researching on Water
Management issues.  I have extensively studied a couple of content
management servers and at last shortlisted two. One is Zope and the other
one is
Interwoven's Teamsite. Interwoven's team site boasts of a hybrid system
that is both data-base driven and static document content. But as far
as I have studied if I am not mistaken Zope doesnt support a hybrid
solution. Its only database driven. We have already build the website up
and running ( www.iwmi.org) and in the process of building our intranet.
The website consists of about 6,000 to 7,000 html pages. So when it
comes to migration issues to Zope, does Zope support these static
documents as it is ? And does Zope support XML templating ? And does Zope
support file management concepts ? And can we use Zope with Adobe Framemaker
?
Other than these 4 issues I am completely satisfied with the product.
Please clarify as soon as possible.

Thanks with regards,

Raj
Webmaster, IWMI, Sri Lanka.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1D660.0EA19700

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Dear Zope Users, Developers and Zope Support,<BR> <BR>Let
me introduce myself first. I am Raj, webmaster for International <BR>Water
Management Institute (IWMI) . We are in the process of automating <BR>our
workflow and document flow for our website and intranet. The <BR>solution is a
Content management server. We are an International Scientific <BR>Research
Organization ( Non Governmental Org ) researching on Water <BR>Management
issues.&nbsp; I have extensively studied a couple of content <BR>management
servers and at last shortlisted two. One is Zope and the other one is
<BR>Interwoven's Teamsite. Interwoven's team site boasts of a hybrid system
<BR>that is both data-base driven and static document content. But as far <BR>as
I have studied if I am not mistaken Zope doesnt support a hybrid <BR>solution.
Its only database driven. We have already build the website up <BR>and running (
www.iwmi.org) and in the process of building our intranet. <BR>The website
consists of about 6,000 to 7,000 html pages. So when it <BR>comes to migration
issues to Zope, does Zope support these static <BR>documents as it is ? And does
Zope support XML templating ? And does Zope <BR>support file management concepts
? And can we use Zope with Adobe Framemaker ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Other than these 4 issues I am completely satisfied with
the product. <BR>Please clarify as soon as possible.<BR> <BR>Thanks with
regards,<BR> <BR>Raj<BR>Webmaster, IWMI, Sri
Lanka.<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1D660.0EA19700--