[Zope] SQL to Excel

Bruce Dykes Bruce Dykes" <bkd@graphnet.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 10:39:55 -0400

Okay, I'm trying to publish the data from an excel spreadsheet via an ODBC
connection.

The connection starts okay, and I found this SQL snippet from a Java site:

select URL from [qas$] where Month='March' and Year=2000

Note that the table name is the name of the worksheet with a $ appended to
the end. You have to append the $ in order for the query to work. Why?
Because. The brackets are there because $ is a reserved character in SQL.
Life is never easy.

Now all I want to do is SELECT *...I don't need anything fancier than that,
I'm just trying to publish the entire worksheet. No variation on the above
code snippet seems to work.

Has anybody gotten SQL queries into excel to work? And how did you do it?

thanks in advance
bkd

As an aside, I'm currently publishing this document via Apache, with an
excellent program, xlhtml set up as a handler....but that's proven less than
useful as of late.