[Zope] color-syntax editor for dtml

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@tiscali.cz
Thu, 02 May 2002 09:57:38 +0200

Jason Earl wrote:
> Now, I realize that text editors are a highly personal affair, but I
> can't for the life of me figure out why it is that Emacs doesn't get
> more attention, especially amongst Zopistas.  Emacs will happily edit

Emacs is very different from vim (or vice-versa :-)), so people who use
mainly vim and are very proficient in vim find it difficult to adapt to.

Other issues:

- emacs is huge. This means that it is often not installed on many
systems (even though it can run on those systems). Vim is always
installed. And if not vim, then at least vi.

- emacs is very very stable. Vim is rock stable. It just never crashed
on me.

Let's not start a flamewar. The above are the reasons why I personally
prefer vim to emacs.

Do you know if emacs supports DTML highligting even for &dtml-var;
entity syntax?

--
Milos Prudek