[Zope] zope hangs

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Fri, 3 May 2002 08:56:20 -0500

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 04:34:54AM +0200, marci wrote:
| dman wrote:
|=20
| >I'm running zope 2.5.1 with python 2.1.3 on a good debian system.
| >Sometimes, though, zope seems to just hang.  It is still bound to the
| >socket, and I can telnet to the socket (the kernel gives back the
| >SYN-ACK), but I can't do anything else.  Usually a restart of zope
| >solves this, but right now I've restarted zope about a dozen times
| >(and even waited for the kernel to finish closing the tcp connections)
| >but I still can't get any connection from zope.  The Z2.log shows
| >nothing.  The debug log file only shows the servers starting up and
| >nothing after that.  Where should I look for a solution?

| I've seen this appear on debian only:
| http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D142890
|=20
| Haven't found the solution...

That doesn't sound too good :-(.  After reading the reports I had an
idea, ..., moving /var/lib/zope/Products out of the way allows me to
connect to zope again.  Apparently one of the products I tried to
install isn't working right.  The other times I've seen the problem
occur the symptons were much more like the existing reports describe.

-D
=20
--=20

Like a gold ring in a pig's snout
is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.
        Proverbs 11:22
=20

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf--