[Zope] How to import files via FTP and set attributes.

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 6 May 2002 11:14:38 -0400

[[Gary Speer]

> I am stuck at looping on and parsing the content of the contents.txt
> file to get and pass the attributes to the add object method.  I figure
> the solution is best executed with Python in the context of Zope, but I'm
> stuck at figuring out the syntax for this namespace.
> 1)  syntax to loop on the content of a file, one line at a time.

I see that Dieter responded to your other questions, so I'll just answer
this one.  If you have an open file-like object named File, in Python you
could say:

line =File.readline()
while line:
    #do something with the line
    line=File.readline()

Or you could read the file into a list all at once:

lines=File.readlines()
for line in lines:
    # do something with the line

Remember, line will include any trailing newline character.

Cheers,

Tom P