[Zope] new data types

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 16:52:15 -0500

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

I want to create some new data types for use in my zope application.
I want to do this as simply as possible.  I have a fair amount of
experience developing OO software (python, java, c++, eiffel);
actually writing the classes is not an issue.

I found that I can create and return a class/instance from an External
Method, but a Page Template and a Python Script are not allowed to
access any attributes on the object.  I think that a ZClass or Product
is more involved than I really need, though I may want to move towards
a Product if I find that performance is an issue.=20

What is the simplest way to create new data types in zope?

TIA,
-D

--=20

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet