[Zope] Default sort order for objects in objectManagers ??

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 07 May 2002 15:18:35 +0200

hans wrote:

>Max M wrote:
>
>The items (in ObjectManager) are added with setattr,
>which is an insert into the ObjManagers object dictionary
>and relies deeply on the hashing built into python dictionaries.
>item retrieval = getattr.
>This essentially makes retrieval order close to unpredictable.

Yes if if the object dictionary is indeed an ordinary dict. But I have a
sneaking suspicion that it is a Btree of sorts, and so the rules can be
different.

And the behaviour suggets that it is so.

Try and create some objects in a folder and then view the objectIds().
They are allways ordered in the order they are created.

regards Max M