[Zope] Quick question about <dtml-if ...>

hans hans@beehive.de
Wed, 08 May 2002 15:26:29 +0100

"George M. Ellenburg" wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 May 2002 08:21 am, Harry Wilkinson wrote:
> > By the way, without wanting to start *another* ZPT vs DTML war, I
> > personally hate DTML and I advise anybody starting out with templating in
> > Zope to head down the ZPT route instead of DTML.  IMO your life will be
> > much easier in the long run :)
>
> Is that a package or is that standard?  I'm running 2.5.0.
>
> (swipes the ground with his foot) ... d*mn, and here I was just getting used
> to DTML. ;-)

its a standard since zope 2.5.
where dtml provides pseudo-html-TAGS,
zpt provides pseudo-html-tag-ATTRIBUTES
also explicitly named namespaces and macro-mechanism.
Who's got only a hammer sees the world as a nail
hans augustin  (software developer)           hans@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299