[Zope] Preloading images in Zope?

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:18:02 +0200

Dianne ,

You might want to check the HTML output you get when your zope-page is
rendered.

Objects in Zope can be accessed at many different URLs , but your
browser has no way to know that /images/hello.gif is the same as
/hello.gif

my guess is that you are preloading with a different path than you're
calling the images...

on or about, Friday, May 10, 2002, we have reason to believe that Dianne Va=
n Dulken wrote something along the lines of :
DVD> Hi,=20

DVD> We are having a little bit of a problem with preloading images in Zope=
.  On
DVD> our display pages, we are preloading them in the usual way using Javas=
cript,
DVD> but we are finding that we are still getting a server hit when they are
DVD> mouse-overed.  This is only happening with pages (and images) in Zope.

DVD> Has anyone come across this before=3F  Know how we might be able to ge=
t around
DVD> it=3F

DVD> Thanks!

DVD> Di

--=20
Geir B=E6kholt                      web-developer
geirh@funcom.com             funcom oslo | webdev-team