[Zope] Zope Newsletters Products

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
12 May 2002 16:45:02 +0200

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 18:57, Hamzat Kamal wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Kindly direct me to any available Zope Newsletters products.
>
> I am designing a website for a newspaper and i want interested
> members to be able to receieved top stories articles in their mail
> boxes.

hi,

you can use MailBoxer for a start:

http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/MailBoxer

set up a moderated maillist, so only the moderator is able to send mails
to the members-list. then you can call the mail_bulk-method via scripts
which will send mails with your content to the members.

look at the source of the dtml-mail_bulk for the exact parameters. most
of it is done simply via REQUEST.

for automatically subscription you can use the manage_addProperties on
the MailBoxer-Folder.

greetings, maik

--
maik jablonski                    http://www.sachunterricht-online.de