[Zope] objects not updated after restart of Zope

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon, 13 May 2002 09:39:46 -0500

    Michal> Object is updated, everything works fine until I restart
    Michal> Zope - changes are lost afterwords, and objects get
    Michal> previous content of "title" and "text" attributes.

    Michal> it seems to me that object is changed, cached in memory,
    Michal> but not stored into Data.fs.

    Michal> any idea what could be wrong ?

You need to either derive from Globals.Persistent or some class that
does this for you, like OFS.SimpleItem, which will give you most of
the stock behaviors that you desire for, well, simple items.

You may want to check out the maxm product tutorials:

http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/minimal_01
http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/minimal_02

Cheers,
John Hunter