[Zope] Virtualhost monster problems

Wayne Pascoe wayne.pascoe@ehsbrann.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 15:57:56 +0000

Hi all,

I've seen similar things discussed on the list, but not quite this question.

I have setup the virtualhostmonster in my root folder. In my apache config,
I have the following:

<VirtualHost *>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*$
   RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/$1 [L,P]

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
    ProxyRequests On
    ProxyVia On
</IfModule>
</Virtualhost>

The rewriterule has wrapped to two lines in this e-mail, but in my config it
is on one.

I have got an A record, zaphod-content.mydomain.com pointed at the IP
Address that the Apache httpd server is listening on. In Zope, I have added
a folder named zaphod-content.mydomain.com off of root. This has an
index_html document in it.

When I connect to http://zaphod-content.mydomain.com I get the normal
localhost:8080/ page. If I go to
http://zaphod-content.mydomain.com/zaphod-content.mydomain.com
I get what I expect to.

zaphod-content is not the primary name of this machine. The primary name is
zaphod. Going to this also gives me the content I would expect to see at
localhost:8080/

Any ideas why the contents of zaphod-content.mydomain.com are not being
served as / when I request it as zaphod-content.mydomain.com ?

TIA,

--
Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsbrann.com>

Give me enough medals, and I'll win any war.
   - Napolean