[Zope] looking for framework/help/product

Alejandro Fernandez ale@e-group.org
Tue, 14 May 2002 16:48:28 +0200

Thanks,

My concern with cmf, which I'm currently looking at, is that it has lots
of functionality that I don't need and that risks getting in the way of me
adding the functionality I do need... I've just been suggested
LoginManager, or I'm thinking ZSession might have what I want too. There
may be tons of products, or even example code that maintain state with
cookies, http auth or url hashes etc, and allowing registration
functions... Does anyone know of a list with examples or detailed
descriptions, or of particular products that do exactly this?

I need to set this up quickly now, but ultimately it needs to be able to
handle hundreds of users, so it needs to be able to grow... With PHP I
know there would be loads of little scripts that did basic login/reg, but
I want to avoid using that, so that I can code in Python!

Anyway, thanks again! Sorry for not explaining myself properly first time
round.

Ale

On Tue, 14 May 2002 09:04:45 -0400
eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com wrote:

> http://cmf.zope.org
> works for me.  Zope 2.5.0, CMF 1.2
> Works well out of the box
>
> > I'm trying to get a quick site together that allows users to register,
> > activate an account, and then login and access certain private sites
> > individual to each user and based on database content (postgres or
> > oracle). I've been told that this functionality is present in the core

(snips!)
--
Alejandro Fernandez
Electronic Group Interactive