[Zope] Kinterbasdb + Firebird + Zope Q's

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:24:02 -0400

[Derek Basch]
> I too try to stay MS free but the product I am
> designing is MS dependent. I am having a bear of a
> time getting Firebird/Interbase to work with zope. (No
> examples/docs I can find after 3 days of googling) I
> suppose this is where a Storage and Programming
> background rather than a Network Engineering
> background would come in handy. (Sighs and clears
> space in brain for learning Storage....).

I tried to use Firebird about a year ago and couldn't get it to work right.
Nothing to do with Zope.  I forget just what it was, perhaps the odbc
driver.  I ended up using Interbase instead (I found a driver for it), and
that worked fine with Zope using the odbc adapter.  By now, the wrinkles
have probably been ironed out and Firebird probably would work if I tried it
again.

See if you can get the database working in Windows using odbc - there are a
few free interactive tools you can use to get data in and out of it, I
think.  Once it is working with odbc, you should be able to use it in Zope.

Cheers,

Tom P