[Zope] How to get the "pure" source of a pagetemplate back ?

John Adams jadams@inktomi.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 02:18:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, John Schinnerer wrote:

> --- John Adams <jadams@inktomi.com> wrote:
> > To add to this question, is there any way (or could a way be hacked
> > together) to allow editing of files on the command line instead of
> > through the web?
>
> Not sure what you mean by 'on the command line'...

Oh, I mean something like:

checkoutzopepage /some/location/ontheserver/foo.py > foo.py

and then

checkinzopepage foo.py /some/location/ontheserver/foo.py

> > It'd be nice to check pages out, edit pages in emacs,  and
> > check them back in a la CVS.
>
> There's no source control built in, but you can always edit in your
> favorite editor and upload to zope using the File upload form (and
> download using the 'View or Download current text' link just above the
> upload form).

Yeah, but it's very frustrating to do that. You have to retype (and
relocate) the file everytime.

> I suppose combining this with using a version would be a sort of kludgy
> source control system...

Hmm, well, I thought that Zope had a version control system built in
anyhow -- it saves every change, which are available when you look at the
page in the editor.

-john