[Zope] Zope on an ISP server

Thomas Pfaff tom@hal
Wed, 15 May 2002 18:30:52 +0900

Hello everyone.

I'm a complete newbie to zope but my first experiments have made me like it
very much.
However I have two problems for which I couldn't find appropriate
documentation so I decided to ask here.
My first thing is. There is no instruction on how to make Zope actually
displaying the contents I created when somebody goes to "www.myhost.com". I
can access the Zope interface at localhost:9673 but that's it.
At the moment I'm running Zope on debian-Linux.

My next question is a little bit more difficult and in fact the more
important one.
My homepage is hosted by an ISP which allows me only to have cgi-scripts and
the other standard html stuff. Explicitly no databases and of course I don't
have access to the server itself. I may just upload files and add
cgi-scripts. As far as I know the server is an Apache.

With this information, do you think it is possible to have Zope running on
this system? If yes, what should I do?
If you need more information, please tell me, and I will get everything.

Thanks in advance

Thomas

PS: I'm not yet on this mailing list. So please reply directly to me, thanks.