[Zope] Re: Virtual links...

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:52:24 +0200

Hi,
I just found the solution an followed the steps that are on this page:
http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess2/info

I created a Zope's test site, set an access rule, created the
SiteRoot on my virtual host folder, and it worked.

But then I just make the following in order to activate my main Zope site:

Extract the part of HTTP_HOST we care about, and declare our rewrite
dictionary.
<dtml-let
hostname="_.string.join(_.string.split(_.string.lower(_.string.split(HTTP_HO
ST, ':')[0]), '.')[-3:], '.')"
  sitemap="{'mysite1.mycompany.mydomain': 'folder1',
                   'mymainsite.mycompany.mydomain': '/'}">
    Do we have a match?
    <dtml-if expr="sitemap.has_key(hostname)">
      Set the logical root: <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SiteRootPATH', '/')">
      Add physical root: <dtml-call
"REQUEST['TraversalRequestNameStack'].append(sitemap[hostname])">
    </dtml-if>
</dtml-let>

And now I can neither access the contents of my "Root Folder" through the
interface
nor browse the main page of my Zopesite.

I just created my Zope's test site again, but I'd like to know if it is a
form to disable the
access rule without copying the data again?

And my last question:
How do you make to set the "Root Folder" as the default site?

Thanks in advanced,
Josef.