[Zope] Zope Folder Reference

Niclas Kuehne nk@nkmail.com
16 May 2002 15:05:39 +0200

Hi!

I would like to access the properties of a folder that I can only refer
to by a variable. In my case it is a folder named the same as the
creator's user name of the a page.

For example:

 <dtml-with userdb>
  <dtml-with creator>	<----- This should be a variable to the creator
   <dtml-if FirstName> <dtml-var FirstName> </dtml-if>
   <dtml-if LastName> <dtml-var LastName> </dtml-if>
  </dtml-with>
 </dtml-with>

I have a userdb folder witch contains subfolders for each user name.
These subfolders have the properties "FirstName" and "LastName". How do
I access these subfolders by using the "creator" variable on each page.

Any suggestions on how to do this? Or is there any simple Zope internal
database for user management or some product that does this better?

Nic

nk@nkmail.com