[Zope] avoiding dtml recursion

David Burton eloquence@eloquent-designs.f2s.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 10:27:37 +0100

It sounds like you've got the standard_html_footer defined higher up the hierarchy. so the standard_html_footer that several objects inherit will be this one.

Probably the easiest work-around, if it's feasible, is to rename this function.

Alterntively, if the parent that you want to inherit from is known, you could use <dtml-with parentfoldername><dtml-var standard_html_footer></dtml-wth> to
inherit a specific standard_html_footer from this one.

Otherwise it could be a little trickier - if you can give a little more detail about what you're doing then we can suggest a solution.

Hope this helps,
David Burton

16/05/2002 21:33:39, "Warnes, Gregory R" <gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com> wrote:

>  From:   "Warnes, Gregory R" <gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com>
>
>  To:     zope@zope.org
>  Subject:[Zope] avoiding dtml recursion
>  Date:   Thu, 16 May 2002 16:33:39 -0400
>

>  Hi all
>
>  I want to have a dtml file <standard_html_footer> that includes the contents
>  of a <standard_html_footer> defined higher in the hierarchy.
>

>  I tried

>      <center><FONT SIZE=+1 COLOR=#FF0000>PRE-RELEASE VERSION</FONT></center>
>

>      <dtml-with aq_parent only>
>      </dtml-with>

>  This works in the directory where this dtml-method is, however, I get
>  another 'PRE-RELEASE VERSION' tacked on for every level down I go.
>
>  What is the proper way to get around this?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  -Greg
>

>  LEGAL NOTICE
>  Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
>
>  privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail
>  by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure
>
>  or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken)
>
>  in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
>  addressee, please inform the sender immediately.
"Into the abyss we stare, hoping that the abyss does not gaze so intently upon us"