[Zope] IDE for ZOPE

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 11:54:17 +0100

Hmmm... couldn't resist ;-)

Raj NS wrote:

> dreamweaver/emacs/ or plain zope ... anyway i keep up
> with my work ...

Well, good luck, I know of about 3-5 projects that have attempted this to date, all with
varying degrees of success, none that have become a de facto standard, what does that tell
you?

> see the GUI building on cross platforms ... itz really
> astonishing ..

Not really. Tk blows. Looks at wxWindows, it has problems but fewer than Tkinter and looks
a lot nicer to boot.

> with every python installation ... so no problem
> making a GUI .

I look forward to seeing this amazing GUI, when is delivery expected?

> My main hurdle is lack on Documentation on zope ( DC
> are u listening? )

They changed their name to Zope Corp about a year ago. Your failure to notice that
probably explains why you're missing the copious amounts of documentation now available.

> .. most of the stuffs has to b read
> and understood from the source itself ....

The stuff you ae eattempting will require that since it's not something that's commonly
done with Zope, for good reason some might add ;-)

> whole day i was wondering which is a way to taking the
> object values to make a tree widget ..

If you're still struggling with things like that, you really shouldn't be attempting what
you're trying. Oh, and do yourself a favour and learn ZPT rather than torturing yourself
with dtml-tree...

> are only understood by zope itself like icons ) i dont
> want HTML i want something like a list/tuple of object
> , its url , itz icon .

So write some python which generates one!

> 2. so i jumped to XMLRPCserver ...well though itz a
> think client .. im still stuck how to get
> authenticated in XMLRPC ( im sure there is a way to
> get it .. but dunno how ) ... authentication is
> requred to access http://zope:8080/manage_menu

...you use the xmlrpc lib with authentication built in as opposed to the one without
Authentication ;-) ZSyncher includes this...

anyway, work to do...

Chris - hit me with a cluestick, somebody, please?