[Zope] Possible OT: sudden Netscape problems with adding objects? enctype?

A M Thomas am@virtueofthesmall.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 09:27:53 -0400

I'm not sure this is a Zope problem, in fact it's looking like not, but
I am having a problem adding objects to Zope using Netscape Navigator
4.5 and 3.04g.  In 4.5, whenever I try to submit a form with the
attribute enctype="multipart/form-data", the browser just sits there, as
though it's waiting for a response, forever.  3.04G crashes in the same
case.

I've been using these browsers constantly for the past several weeks
with Zope, but as of last night they stopped working.  I cleared out the
caches for both browsers.  I can successfully submit forms that don't
have the enctype set.  I can add stuff using Internet Explorer.  I can
use a Mac.  I haven't upgraded my Zope.  I've tried with JavaScript on
and off, accepting and declining cookies.  I've used my own forms and
tried adding plain old DTML methods and DTML documents.  The problem
remains consistent.

I tried looking around the Netscape site, but couldn't find any
information on this.  Did a Google search from their site - found one
other person who had posted this problem somewhere (Re: Netscape 4.75, I
think), but no resolution.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Many thanks,
Am