zpt and dtml-tree (was Re: [Zope] IDE for ZOPE)

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Fri, 17 May 2002 14:36:22 -0500

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 11:54:17AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:

| Oh, and do yourself a favour and learn ZPT rather than torturing
| yourself with dtml-tree...

I noticed this comment as I glanced over this discussion.  In a web
app I'm building I want to use a tree widget.  I found dtml-tree (but
haven't really worked with it yet).  How can ZPT (which I use for the
rest of the HTML templating) provide a tree widget?  I want the
easiest route :-).

-D

PS.  As far as an IDE goes -- give me UNIX (vim, grep, find, cvs, etc)
any day, and a good, reliable, way to update the filesystem-based
development into the zope environment.  (I'm still working on that
last requirement.  FTP is doing the job now, but is not terribly
convenient and is not automated.) =20

PPS. Chris is right, Tk is ugly.  Use wxWindows or GTK+.

--=20

The light of the righteous shines brightly,
but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
        Proverbs 13:9
=20

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--